Mar 22, 2010

Wrightsville Beach

Well, for the most part, another basketball season has come to an end.  Except for the workouts that will happen a couple times a week and the never-ending calls to coaches, players, and new recruits, I get my husband back.  The end of season gets really hectic with practices, games, and recruiting at high school games.  I have learned that there is more than one reason they call it March 'Madness'.  I was needing a 'mom break' and alone time with my husband.  It almost felt like it was time for a honeymoon.  So the planning started...

Last weekend, I surprised Van with a trip to our absolute favorite place of all times...Wrightsville Beach.  It was amazing.  I found a great deal on the ocean and would highly recommend it (The Surf Suites).  We ate at Causeway Cafe' both mornings for breakfast (this is our absolute favorite breakfast joint ever)!  We enjoyed the warm sun, shopping at surf shops, walking on the beach, chowing down a surfer dog from Trolly Stop and popcorn shrimp at Dockside and overall we enjoyed each other's company without the kids interrupting every conversation we try to have.  The downside was that we only stayed for 2 nights...wish it was a whole week. (Just reminiscing and writing this very post is calming my nerves all over again.)  Unfortunately, we didn't take as many pictures as we wanted...
View from our balcony...Oceanic pier.


Yay! The lil man is halfway cooked...20 more weeks to go!
Van felt him kick for the first time tonight...

No comments: