May 19, 2010

Princess

The whole princess thing has always been something I did not want to entertain in this family.  I didn't want Haley to have any clothes that had princess written on it, any princess decorations in her room, and we have yet to buy her a princess outfit...After watching the last couple seasons of Bachelor/Bachelorette, I have realized why I was so adamant about this.  I do not want my lil girl growing up thinking that she is THEE princess and everyone else is suppose to cater to her.  Now don't get me wrong...I am a strong advocate for chivalry and will raise our boys to be chivalrous.  I just don't want Haley thinking the world revolves around her.

After all this being said...our church held a princess dessert gala for all the preschool aged girls.  After lots of contemplation, I finally realized that it is okay for Haley to dress up like a princess every now and then.  Being that we don't have any princess stuff in our house, we had to borrow an outfit.  Haley had lots of fun dressing up like Cinderella.  We painted her toes and fingers, curled her hair, and put a lil makeup on her.
Here is a picture of her drying her hair!

All princessed up...with a busted lip :)

Eating dessert w/ mommy

Haley had face-painting and story time on the dock.

I cut off Belle's head, but at least Haley is smiling.

And during story time, we learned that all girls are God's princesses! 

No comments: