May 19, 2010

room change...

Van's dad, step-mom, and Joshua came in town for the first weekend in May.  Connor's room (where they would be staying) was very crowded and I wanted to give them a more spacious place to stay.  This prompted me to change the rooms around.  When we moved in, one room was already painted green, so we made this Haley's room.  They told us we could repaint it, but it matched her bedding, so we left it.  This room also has a much bigger closet.  So it made sense that this would become the room that the kids would share and Colt would get Connor's old room.
Needless to say, this green would not match Connor's bedding.  So, Thursday morning (Note: company was arriving Friday evening) I got up and got to painting.  Friday morning everything was painted and dry, so Van helped me move the furniture around.  Here is the finished project.
When Van left for work, the house was a disaster.  I had the whole house cleaned and furniture put in its place before his family got here...I had to pat myself on the back with that, because I believe that is the absolute FIRST time I have ever been ready when company comes over :) What can I say...I'm a procrastinator at heart!

Now that it has been a couple of weeks with both kids sleeping in the same room, I am happy to report it was a pretty easy transition.  I always worry about change for the kids, especially when it has to do with their sleeping habits.  I value happy kids with enough sleep!  Connor has always been a good sleeper, so I wasn't as concerned about him.  Haley has done an amazing job transitioning to the big bed.  She stays in bed and sometimes even asks to be put to sleep.  I couldn't have asked for a better transition.  Now if potty training could just be that simple...

No comments: